JLL and NEVCA, New England Venture Capital Association, teamed up for moscow mules and mini-talks with some of Boston’s most influential thought leaders at 9OFS last Thursday night. Each speaker was given three minutes to present thoughts and insights on what life “on the edge” in Boston means to them. The compilation of stories were reflections and insights to how their work bridges present and future, or how they may have gone “over the edge” to get to where they are now.
- Daniel Koh – Chief of Staff to the City of Boston and Mayor Walsh who spoke of great considerations and changes the new administration is bringing to the City.
- Beth Monaghan – Principal & Co-Founder of InkHouse, one of the fastest growing PR firms in the nation, addressed the issues of gender which we are currently facing in our City and the overall workforce.
- Jeff Avallon – Entrepreneur of IdeaPaint, high-performance dry-erase writing surface, shared a story about his years starting out and how important it is for us to keep connecting and sharing connections with others.
- Malia Lazu – Executive Director & Co-Founder of FutureBoston, a non-profit organization seeking to revolutionize Boston’s creative economy, culture, transportation and civic vitality, spoke to ‘disruption’ and how we should not be afraid to be a catalyst for change.
- Ben Breslau – International Director for JLL Research, who oversees all of JLL Research for the Americas gave a high-level overview of the perceptions of our current workforce and how it is changing the landscape of real estate in our City and beyond.
The evening ended with a chance for attendees to mingle with speakers and each other to continue the conversation over cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. Thank you to all the speakers and guests for making the evening a success!