We recently released our U.S. Construction Perspective, which includes:
- Which industry had the highest overall construction spend in 2014
- What is driving the cost growth
- Which cities lead in high construction costs
- 2015 key construction markets
- What’s next in construction trends
Click here for the full report.
With regard to the Boston market specifically, the Perspective outlines the following:
- The data indicates a continued trend of growth in construction costs through 2020, with Boston prices staying consistently higher than the national average.
- High priced labor contributes to larger-than-average construction costs in Boston.
- The average wage for unskilled labor in Boston is $68.35, compared to a national average of $51.67.
- The average cost for materials in Boston is $259.74, only slightly higher than the national average of $235.07.